This beet delivers ample-sized swollen roots early in the season. Its foliage is upright and well-sized and can be used for greens (their taste is similar to chard). Early Wonder has it all: tasty, abundant greens, flavorful beets, and early production. An excellent choice. Great for mild climates where multiple crops are possible. The 18″ greens are as delicious as chard or spinach and high in vitamins A and C, iron and potassium. Beet seed is actually a dried fruit with 1-5 seeds in each fruit, so proper thinning is very important.
The Best time to sow is 2 to 4 weeks before average last frost, for early summer crop, and late summer for fall crop. Growing during hot temperature periods should be avoided. USDA zones 10 and 11 can sow fall through winter.
• Sun: Full Sun
• Sowing Method: Direct Sow
Thank you! Your purchase with Brandywine Gardening is truly appreciated.
2 Corinthians 9:10
He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.
- Early Wonder has it all: tasty, abundant greens, flavorful beets, and early production.
- Beetroot is great for inexperienced gardeners and those that like low maintainance gardens.
- Great for mild climates where multiple crops are possible
- Healthy method of obtaining Vitamin B folate, B1, B2, B6, B12, as well as Vitamin C.
- High Yeilder